Fluoropolymers are specialty materials that possess a unique combination of properties, making them more efficient, versatile, and, in many cases, critical to the products that they enable. Many of these products are vital to modern life, including cutting-edge healthcare applications, electronics like cell phones and laptops, and advanced transportation and aerospace applications, among many others.
This Socio-economic Assessment of the U.S. Fluoropolymer Industry was commissioned by FluoroCouncil (with support from AGC, Chemours, Daikin and 3M) and developed by Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK. As the report demonstrates, fluoropolymers are critical to a 21st century economy.
Among the findings of this report, in 2018 the U.S. fluoropolymer industry:
- Drove $2.1 billion in economic activity;
- Supported 13,500 jobs indirectly and hundreds of thousands more jobs are supported by industries that rely on these products;
- Invested $150 million in R&D in 2018; and
- Created a $520 million trade surplus.
Sector Specific One Pagers:
- Medical and First Responder Sector
- Electronics Sector
- Transportation Sector
- Chemical and Industrial Sectors
- Consumer Products Sector
To request a copy of the report, please contact Jay West at Jay_West@americanchemistry.com.